|Not available for Web Registration|
|Closed Dates:||10/02/2020 to 04/30/2021, 05/15/2020 to 05/16/2020, 07/17/2020 to 07/19/2020|
RENTER MUST BE AT THE SHELTER AT SPECIFIED TIME OR SHELTER WILL NOT BE OPENED. RENTER MUST STAY AT SHELTER UNTIL DESIGNATED CLOSING TIME.
RENTAL HOURS: 10 AM - 9:30 PM
If you need assistance on the day of the rental between 7:30 a.m. and 10:30 p.m., please use these cellular numbers:
WEST SIDE PARKS, CALL 676-PARK (676-7275)
EAST SIDE PARKS, CALL 609-PARK. (609-7275)
If you cannot reach a caretaker at either number, call the Police Department at 448-3208.
*CLEAN UP AND WASTE REMOVAL: Cleaning supplies and trash bags are provided. Trash should be bagged and placed alongside the garbage can. Labor costs for additional clean up will be billed at $35.00 per hour. Damages will be billed at repair or replacement costs.
*ALCOHOL POLICY: *Beer & wine may be consumed on park property until 9:00 p.m. with a shelter/facility reservation by persons attending such event. No hard liquor allowed per park policy. Renters are responsible for enforcement of the current drinking age laws. Patrons that abuse alcohol or drugs will be turned over to the authorities. All violations will be reported to Green Bay Police Department.
Alcohol is permitted at the following locations only:
East Side Parks: Triangle Sports Area, Preble, Joannes, Kennedy, McAuliffe and Whitney.
West Side Parks: Colburn, Perkins, Fritsch, Marquette, Mather Heights, John Muir and Murphy.
* MUSIC: The City will enforce Municipal Code 27.02-loud and unnecessary noise. Violations will result in immediate ejection from the park and possible prosecution under disorderly conduct and/or noise ordinance statutes. Live bands, DJ's and Kareoke are prohibited without prior Park Committee approval. Requests must be submitted 30 days prior to your event. Music will only be allowed between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Volume must be kept at a reasonable level, not to be audible farther than 75 feet from its source. Speakers are allowed inside shelter buildings only and aimed away from the direction of houses whenever possible. Keep doors closed to help filter sound.
*DECORATIONS: Personal decorations are allowed with department approval, however, they must be removed at the end of the event including all tape, tacks and other fastening devices.
*TENTS: Any structure larger than 150 sq ft will be assessed a $25 permit fee. Tents or temporary structures are allowed with Park Superintendent approval only. If structure requires in ground stakes, IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE RENTER TO CALL DIGGERS HOTLINE at 1-800-242-8511.
*INFLATABLES: All inflatable strucutures will be assessed a $25 permit fee and are allowed with Park Superintendent approval only. A certificate of insurance is required. (see attached insurance disclaimer)
*BOOYAH, PIG ROASTERS, OPEN FIRES are allowed with Park Superintendent approval only and may require additional insurance. Please contact the Parks, Recreation and Forestry office at least one month prior to event.
*ENTRY TO PREMISES/LIABILITY: An official Parks, Recreation and Forestry employee has the right to enter the premises at any time. The Green Bay Parks Department shall not be liable for any lost, damaged or stolen personal property, personal injuries, or other loss at any reserved shelter facility.
*ADMISSION AND SALES: No admission fee, donation, contribution or other charge shall be made or collected by the renter for admission or the sale of intoxicating liquor or fermented beverages as defined by the Wisconsin Statutes without Park Committee approval.
*GRILLS: Grills are not provided in any park. You may bring your own, but must take your coal/ashes with you. Orange concrete bins for hot coals are provided at Colubrn, Perkins, and Triangle.
*PETS: City ordinance states that domesticated animals are not allowed in any City park.
EXCEPTIONS are as follows:
1. Dogs on a visible leash no longer than 7 feet are only allowed to be walked in parks on designated perimeter or pass through walkways or pathways, parking lots serving the walkways or pathways, and designated trails.
2. A dog owner/walker and its dog shall not loiter, stop, or stand in the parks or trails.
3. If a dog defecates while walking through a park, the dog owner/walker must clean up after the dog and remove such excreta from the park.
4. Dogs are prohibited at Bay Beach Amusement Park, Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary, and Ken EUers Nature Area.
5. The Director of Parks, Recreation and Forestry, or designated staff, has the authority to issue citations in the event that verbal warnings regarding dogs in parks are ignored.
*SMOKING: Smoking is prohibited as follows: In all City park shelters and facilities and within 10 feet of such shelters and facilities.
*GLASSWARE: Glassware and glass containers shall be prohibited in all City parks and greenways.
*CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS: ALL SHELTER REFUND REQUESTS WILL BE CHARGED $5 administrative fee and WILL ONLY BE ALLOWED UNTIL 2 WEEKS prior to your event. NO REFUNDS will be issued for cancellations after the 2 weeks prior to your rental. If you have any questions, please call 448-3368.
This west side open shelter is located at 1158 Highview St. The shelter holds 75 people and has 21 picnic tables. Use Ninth St. parking lot. Shelter is handicapped accessible. Food delivery use Highview Ln. Band or DJ is allowed, must be done by 8 pm and must have prior approval. Rental season is first Saturday in May through the last Sunday in October. Park amenities include: Basketball Court, Soccer Field, Bocce Court, Hosreshoe Pit, Playground Equipment, Softball Field, Swimming Pool and Tennis Court. Click the blue item detail button located in the right lower corner for more information.
Maximum days in advance facility can be reserved: (480)
Minimum days in advance facility can be reserved: (3)
Shelter Rental Fees: $116.05 (Daily) (Required)
Tents in Parks Fees: $147.70 (Required)
Applicable discounts not applied and Taxes included in price.